France - Understand France and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the France Today, History, The French, The French Table, The Arts, Architecture, Landscapes and Wildlife, Directory A–Z, Transport, and Language chapters from Lonely Planet’s France guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, food, wine and architecture to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbi-an travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your con-versations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on French kissing and French manners
- info on French food, from bread, charcuterie and patisserie to understanding terroir
- full coverage of literature, painting and music in France
- details on landscapes and wildlife
Coverage includes: France Today, History, The French, The French Ta-ble, The Arts, Architecture, Landscapes and Wildlife, Directory A–Z, Transport, and Language.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.