France - Toulouse Area (PDF Chapter)
This is the Toulouse Area chapter from Lonely Planet’s France guidebook.
Gastronomy and good living are the passions underpinning this sun-kissed corner of south-western France. At the heart of the region’s farms and flower-sprinkled meadows is Toulouse, a city of pink stone invigorated by galleries and nightlife aplenty.
- ogle fresh produce in Toulouse’s covered markets before a duck and cassoulet banquet
- get acquainted with Armagnac brandy in a scenic, centuries-old distillery in Condom
- admire the 17th-century Canal du Midi’s engineering by boat or bicycle
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Toulouse, Albi, Montauban, Moissac, Castres, Arma-gnac, Auch, Condom.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation