France - The Pyrenees (PDF Chapter)
This is the Pyrenees chapter from Lonely Planet’s France guidebook.
Rural and deeply traditional, the Pyrenees’ wild landscapes now provide a paradise for skiers, climbers, hikers and bikers. They might not be on quite the same scale as the Alps, but the Pyre-nees are every bit as stunning.
- admire the views from the sky-top observatory on the Pic du Midi
- trek to the mountain amphitheatre of the Cirque de Gavarnie
- see endangered Pyrenean wildlife in the Parc Animalier des Pyrénées
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Pau, Lourdes, Parc National des Pyrénées, Vallée d’Aspe, Vallée d’Ossau, Cauterets, Vallée des Gaves, Vallée de Garonne, Bagnères de Luchon, St-Bertrand de Comminges, Vallée de l’Ariège.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation