France - The Loire Valley (PDF Chapter)
This is the Loire Valley chapter from Lonely Planet’s France guidebook.
If it’s French splendour, style and gastronomy you seek, the Loire Valley will exceed your ex-pectations. With crenellated towers, soaring cupolas and glittering banquet halls, the region’s châ-teaux, and surrounding villages and vineyards, attest to over a thousand years of rich architectural and artistic creativity.
- climb the staircase to the turreted rooftop of the Château de Chambord, the Loire’s most ex-uberant château
- admire the Château de Chenonceau’s elegant arches and fabulous art
- enjoy fantastic food, great local wines and equestrian virtuosity in Saumur
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Orléanais, Orléans & Around, Sully-sur-Loire & Around, La Sologne, Blésois, Blois, Touraine, Tours, Chenonceaux, Amboise, Villandry, Langeais, Azay-le-Rideau, Loches, Chinon, Anjou, Saumur, Angers.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation