France - The Loire Valley (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Loire Valley chapter from Lonely Planet’s France guidebook.
If it’s French splendour, style and gastronomy you seek, the Loire Valley will exceed your ex-pectations. With crenellated towers, soaring cupolas and glittering banquet halls, the region’s châ-teaux, and surrounding villages and vineyards, attest to over a thousand years of rich architectural and artistic creativity.
- climb the staircase to the turreted rooftop of the Château de Chambord, the Loire’s most ex-uberant château
- admire the Château de Chenonceau’s elegant arches and fabulous art
- enjoy fantastic food, great local wines and equestrian virtuosity in Saumur
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Orléanais, Orléans & Around, Sully-sur-Loire & Around, La Sologne, Blésois, Blois, Touraine, Tours, Chenonceaux, Amboise, Villandry, Langeais, Azay-le-Rideau, Loches, Chinon, Anjou, Saumur, Angers.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.