France - The Loire Valley (PDF Chapter)
The Loire Valley – an enormous Unesco World Heritage Site – is known for its fairy-tale châteaux and the villages and vineyards that surround them, outstanding wines and lively, sophisticated cities, including Orléans, Tours, Saumur and Angers.
- admire elegant arches and fabulous art at the Château de Chenonceau
- enjoy fantastic food, great local wines and equestrian virtuosity in Saumur
- explore the final home of Leonardo da Vinci, le Clos Lucé in Amboise
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Best Places to Sleep, Orléanais, Orléans, Orléans to Sully-sur-Loire, La Sologne, Blésois, Blois, Chambord, Cheverny, Chaumont-sur-Loire, Touraine, Tours, Rochecorbon & Vouvray, Chenonceaux, Amboise, Villandry, Langeais, Azay-le-Rideau, Loches, Chinon, Anjou, Saumur, East of Saumur, Angers, Around Angers, When to Go.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.