France - The Dordogne, Limousin & the Lot (PDF Chapter)
This is the Dordogne, Limousin & the Lot chapter from Lonely Planet’s France guidebook.
The Dordogne, Limousin and the Lot are the heart and soul of la belle France, a land of dense oak forests, winding rivers, emerald-green fields and famously rich country cooking. It’s the stuff of which French dreams are made.
- admire the ancient artwork of prehistoric Europeans Vézère Valley
- sample the region’s rich local produce at abundant village markets, such as Issigeac’s and Martel’s
- wander the ramparts of medieval fortresses, such as Château de Castelnaud
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: The Dordogne, Périgueux, Brantôme, Bergerac, Issi-geac, Monpazier, The Dordogne Valley, Sarlat-la-Canéda, The Vézère Valley, Limousin, Limoges, Aubusson, Rochechouart, Solignac, Uzerche, Brive-la-Gaillarde, South of Brive, The Lot, Cahors & Around.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation