France - Provence (PDF Chapter)
This is the Provence chapter from Lonely Planet’s France guidebook.
For many people, the pastoral landscapes of Provence are a French fantasy come true. Pro-vence seems to sum up everything enviable about the French lifestyle: fantastic food, hilltop villag-es, legendary wines, bustling markets and a balmy climate.
- delve into the multicultural melting pot of Marseille
- sit in the stalls of one of the world’s best-preserved Roman amphitheatres in Arles
- spot candy-pink flamingos and watch cowboys at work in The Camargue
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Marseille, Aix-en-Provence, The Camargue, Arles, Camargue Wetlands, Stes-Maries-de-la-Mer, Les Alpilles, St-Rémy-de-Provence, Les Baux-de-Provence, Vaucluse, Avignon, Villeneuve-lès-Avignon, Orange, Vaison-la-Romaine, Mont Ventoux, Carpentras, Fontaine-de-Vaucluse, The Luberon, Apt, Gordes & Around, Roussillon, Le Petit Luberon, Le Grand Luberon, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, Pays de Forcalquier, Gorges du Ver-don.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.