France - Plan your trip (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Welcome to France, France’s Top 15, Need to Know, First Time France, What’s New, If You Like..., Month by Month, Itineraries, Eat & Drink Like a Local, Travel with Children, Activities, and Regions at a Glance chapters from Lonely Planet’s France guidebook.
Your journey to France starts here. You’ll find the tools to plan your adventure: where to go and when, how much to budget, plus in-depth info on travelling with children.
- tailor-made itineraries, arranged by region, themes and events
- list of highlights and best experiences
- everything you need to know for first-time visitors
- user-friendly country overview ensures you won’t miss a thing
Coverage includes: Welcome to France, France’s Top 15, Need to Know, First Time France, What’s New, If You Like: Gorgeous Villages, Wine Tasting, Castles, Coastal Paths, Markets, Mountain Vistas, Month by Month, Itineraries, Eat & Drink Like a Local, Travel with Children, Activities, and Regions at a Glance.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation