France - Paris (PDF Chapter)
This is the Paris chapter from Lonely Planet’s France guidebook.
Paris has a timeless familiarity for first-time and frequent visitors, with instantly recognisable architecture – the Eiffel Tower, the Arc de Triomphe guarding glamorous Champs-Elysees, gargoyled Notre Dame cathedral, lamplit bridges spanning the Seine, cafes spilling onto wick-er-chair-lined terraces.
- ascend the Eiffel Tower at dusk for the best views of the City of Light
- indulge in a Parisian moment in the sculpture-filled gardens of the romantic Muse?e Rodin
- take in Sainte-Chapelle’s magical sparkle of stained glass in the sun
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Courses, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation