France - Lyon & the Rhone Valley (PDF Chapter)
This is the Lyon & the Rhône Valley chapter from Lonely Planet’s France guide-book.
Savouring timeless traditional dishes in Lyon’s checked-tableclothed bouchons (small bistros) creates unforgettable memories – as do the majestic Roman amphitheatres of Fourvière, the illus-trious wines of Beaujolais, and the picturesque hilltop village of Pérouges.
- delve into Lyon’s hidden labyrinth of traboules (secret passageways) and sample Lyonnais specialities in a bouchon
- toure the vine-ribboned hills of delightfully peaceful Beaujolais
- see dramatic Gallo-Roman ruins, including a perfectly preserved Corinthian-columned tem-ple, in Vienne
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Lyon & Around, Beaujolais, La Dombes, South of Lyon, Vienne, Valence, Gorges de l’Ardèche.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.