*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
France - Lyon & The Rhone Valley (PDF Chapter)
At the crossroads of central Europe and the Atlantic, the Rhineland and the Mediterranean, grand old Lyon is France’s third-largest metropolis and its gastronomic capital. Beaujolais produces illustrious wines, while the Rhône forges past the centuries-old Côtes du Rhône vineyards.
- delve into Lyon’s hidden labyrinth of traboules (secret passageways) and sample Lyonnais specialities in a bouchon (bistro)
- tour the vine-ribboned hills of the peaceful Beaujolais winegrowing region
- see dramatic Gallo-Roman ruins, including a perfectly preserved Corinthian-columned temple, in Vienne
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Best Places to Sleep, Lyon, North of Lyon, Beaujolais, La Dombes, South of Lyon, Vienne, Valence, Gorges de l’Ardèche, When to Go.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.