France - Languedoc-Roussillon (PDF Chapter)
This is the Languedoc-Roussillon chapter from Lonely Planet’s France guide-book.
Stretching from Provence to the Pyrenees, this sultry, sun-baked feels like a country in its own right. Today it’s best known for its vineyards, which produce a third of France’s wines, and the busy beaches sprawling along its Mediterranean shore.
- contemplate one of France’s richest collections of European art at the Musée Fabre in the exquisite city of Montpellier
- explore Nîmes’ monumental twin-tiered amphitheatre, Les Arènes, dating from c 100 BC
- marvel at the Romans’ architectural ambition at the towering Pont du Gard
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Bas-Languedoc, Nîmes & Around, Uzès, Montpellier, Sète, Bouzigues, Narbonne, Béziers, Carcassonne, Parc National des Cévennes, Mende, Gorges du Tarn, Ste-Énimie, Grands Causses, Millau, Roussillon, Perpignan, Céret, Têt Valley (Vallée de la Têt), Côte Vermeille.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.