*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
France - Languedoc-Roussillon (PDF Chapter)
Stretching from Provence to the Pyrenees, this sultry, sun-baked region feels like a country in its own right. It’s awash with historical reminders, from Roman aqueducts to hilltop Cathar castles but these days it’s best known for its vineyards.
- contemplating one of France’s richest collections of European art at Musée Fabre in the exquisite city of Montpellier
- visiting Nîmes’ monumental twin-tiered amphitheatre dating from c 100 BC
- marvelling at the Romans’ architectural ambition at the towering aqueduct Pont du Gard
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Bas-Languedoc, Nîmes, Pont du Gard, Uzès, Montpellier, Sète, Bouzigues, Agde, Narbonne, Carcassonne, Haut-Languedoc, Parc National des Cévennes, Florac, Gorges du Tarn, Parc Naturel Régional des Grands Causses, Millau, Mende, Roquefort, Roussillon, Perpignan, Céret, Cathar Castles, Têt Valley, Côte Vermeille.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.