*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
France - French Alps & The Jura Mountains (PDF Chapter)
The Alps and the Jura mountains are places where superlatives fail: colossal peaks thrusting upward into cobalt-blue skies, crevasse-fissured glaciers, tumbling crystal-clear rivers, sapphire lakes, and mountain passes blocked by snow for nine months a year.
- try, just try, to ski all the terrain at the vast, international ski area of Portes du Soleil
- explore stately Annecy’s medieval lanes, strongholds and crystal-clear waters
- hike up to turquoise Lac Blanc for a breathtaking view of the Mont Blanc massif
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Best Places to Sleep, Savoy, Chamonix, Megève & St-Gervais, Les Portes du Soleil, Évian-les-Bains, Annecy, Chambéry, Around Chambéry, Les Trois Vallées, Val d’Isère, Parc National de la Vanoise, Dauphiné, Grenoble, Around Grenoble, Les Deux Alpes, Alpe d’Huez, Bourg d’Oisans, Briançon, The Jura Mountains, Besançon, Southwest of Besançon, Belfort, Parc Naturel Régional du Haut-Jura, Métabief & around, When to Go.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.