France - Champagne (PDF Chapter)
This is the Champagne chapter from Lonely Planet’s France guidebook.
Despite the prestige of their famed vines, the people of Champagne offer a warm, surprisingly easygoing welcome, both in the stylish cities and along the Champagne Routes, which wend their way through villages to family-run cellars and vineyards.
- ramble through hillside vineyards, comely villages and family-run wineries on the Côte des Blancs Champagne Route
- toast the end of a cellar tour with a glass of fizz in Épernay
- climb the tower of Reims’ Gothic Cathédrale Notre Dame for 360-degree views across France’s flattest region
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Reims, Marne, Montagne de Reims Champagne Route, Vallée de la Marne Champagne Route, Côte des Blancs Champagne Route, Épernay, Troyes, Côte des Bar Champagne Route, Colombey-les-Deux-Églises, Essoyes, Les Riceys.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.