France - Burgundy (PDF Chapter)
This is the Burgundy chapter from Lonely Planet’s France guidebook.
Burgundy (Bourgogne in French) offers some of France’s most gorgeous countryside: rolling green hills dotted with mustard fields and medieval villages. Two great French passions, wine and food, come together here in a particularly enticing way.
- sample Burgundy’s most renowned vintages in Beaune, heart of the vine-carpeted Côte d’Or
- bask in the glory of the Burgundy dukes on the medieval streets of Dijon, the region’s capi-tal
- watch the mist rise off the river and the sun peek over the medieval battlements of multi-turreted Noyers-sur-Serein
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Côte d’Or, Dijon, Côte d’Or Vineyards, Pays d’Auxois, Yonne, Auxerre, La Puisaye, Chablis, Tonnerre, Noyers-sur-Serein, Avallon, Vézelay, Parc Naturel Régional du Morvan, Saône-et-Loire, Autun, Tournus, Cluny, Mâcon.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.