France - Brittany (PDF Chapter)
This is the Brittany chapter from Lonely Planet’s France guidebook.
Brittany is for explorers, with its wild, dramatic coastline, medieval towns and thick forests. This is a land of prehistoric mysticism, proud tradition and culinary wealth, where fiercely independent locals celebrate Breton culture, and Paris feels a long way away indeed.
- stroll along St-Malo’s historic ramparts to enjoy panoramic views
- cycle past fields prehistoric megaliths around Carnac
- explore the scenic Presqu’Île de Crozon and Pointe du Raz coastlines
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: North Coast, St-Malo, Dinard, Cancale, Dinan, Paim-pol, Finistère, Roscoff, Morlaix, Brest, Île d’Ouessant, Presqu’île de Crozon, Locronan, Quimper, Concarneau, Pont-Aven, Golfe du Morbihan, Carnac, Quiberon, Belle Île, Vannes, Eastern & Cen-tral Brittany, Josselin, Forêt de Paimpont, Rennes, Vitré.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.