France - Auvergne (PDF Chapter)
The land-locked Auvergne is a mosaic of volcanic cones, hilltop villages and bucolic farmland, at the centre of France’s Massif Central mountain range. Cultural splendours range from Romanesque churches to treasured regional cuisine, including five AOP cheeses, world-famous Le Puy lentils, and Salers beef.
- trundling up to volcanic views on a cog railway at the Panoramique des Dômes
- admiring Clermont-Ferrand’s fountains, black stone architecture and cosmopolitan nightlife
- panting up to remarkable views at the Chapelle St-Michel d’Aiguilhe, near Le Puy-en-Velay
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Clermont-Ferrand, Around Clermont-Ferrand, Riom, Vichy, Pays d’Issoire, Parc Naturel Régional des Volcans d’Auvergne, Volvic, Puy de Dôme & around, Orcival, Col de Guéry, Le Mont-Dore, Around Le Mont-Dore, Murat & the Monts du Cantal, Salers, Parc Naturel Régional Livradois-Forez, Thiers, La Chaise-Dieu, Le Puy-en-Velay, Gorges de L’Allier.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.