France - Atlantic Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the Atlantic Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s France guidebook.
With quiet country roads winding through vine-striped hills and wild stretches of coastal sand interspersed with misty islands, the Atlantic coast is where France gets back to nature. This is the place to slow the pace right down.
- gorge on exceedingly fine architecture, art, food and wine in Bordeaux, the Unesco-listed city that can do no wrong
- romp atop Europe’s highest sand dune, the Dune du Pilat, followed by lunch with sensational sea-and-sand view at La Co(o)rniche
- scale ancient defensive towers, sail to Fort Bayard and encounter sharks in La Rochelle’s in-credible aquarium
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Nantes, Poitou, La Rochelle, Île de Ré, Cognac, Bor-deaux & Around, Arcachon & Around.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.