*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
France - Atlantic Coast (PDF Chapter)
With quiet country roads winding through vine-striped hills and wild stretches of coastal sand interspersed with misty islands, the Atlantic coast is where France gets back to nature. It’s more laid-back than the Med but with almost as much sunshine.
- gorging on exceedingly fine architecture, art, food and wine in Unesco-listed Bordeaux
- romping atop Dune du Pilat, Europe’s highest sand dune, followed by lunch with sensational sea-and-sand view at La Corniche
- scaling ancient defensive towers, sailing to Fort Boyard and encountering sharks in la Rochelle’s incredible aquarium
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Upper Atlantic Coast, Nantes, Central Atlantic Coast, Poitiers, Marais Poitevin, La Rochelle, Île de Ré, Cognac, Lower Atlantic Coast, Bordeaux, The Médoc, St-Émilion, Arcachon, Around Arcachon.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.