France - Around Paris (PDF Chapter)
This is the Around Paris chapter from Lonely Planet’s France guidebook.
Whether you’re taking day trips from Paris or continuing further afield, a trove of treasures – including the chateaux at Fontainebleu and Versailles, and Monet’s garden in Giverny – awaits in the areas around the French capital.
- relive the glory of the 17th- and 18th-century kingdom of France at the opulent Château de Versailles
- follow an adorable aspiring chef, rat Rémy, in his quest to prepare a Parisian meal aboard Disneyland Resort Paris’ larger-than-life Ratatouille ride
- hike, cycle, horse ride or rock climb in one of France’s loveliest forests, the Forêt de Fon-tainebleau
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Disneyland Resort Paris, Versailles, Giverny, Fon-tainebleau, Vaux-le-Vicomte, Chantilly, Chartres.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.