France - Alsace & Lorraine (PDF Chapter)
This is the Alsace & Lorraine chapter from Lonely Planet’s France guidebook.
Here, in the land of living fairy tales, vineyards fade into watercolour distance, hilltop castles send spirits soaring higher than the region’s emblematic storks and half-timbered villages garlanded with geraniums look fresh-minted for a Disney film set.
- wander the canal-laced Petite Venise neighbourhood of Colmar
- get a gargoyle’s-eye view of Strasbourg from its colossal Gothic Cathédrale Notre-Dame
- survey the Verdun Battlefields’ cross-studded landscape in the early morning
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Alsace, Strasbourg, Route des Vins d’Alsace, Colmar, Massif des Vosges, Mulhouse, Lorraine, Nancy, Baccarat, Metz, Verdun, Ro-magne-sous-Montfaucon.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.