France - Alsace & Lorraine (PDF Chapter)
Alsace & Lorraine are the land of living fairy tales, where vineyards fade into watercolour distance, hilltop castles send spirits soaring higher than the region’s emblematic storks and half-timbered villages garlanded with geraniums look fresh-minted for a Disney film set.
- saunter around canal-laced Petite Venise as Colmar starts to twinkle
- get a gargoyle’s-eye view of Strasbourg from the platform of Gothic Cathédrale Notre-Dame
- survey the cross-studded lawn in the early-morning silence at the Verdun Battlefields
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Best Places to Sleep, Alsace, Strasbourg, Route des Vins d’Alsace, Colmar, Massif des Vosges, Mulhouse, Lorraine, Nancy, Baccarat, Metz, Verdun, Verdun Battlefields, American Memorials, When to Go.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.