*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
France - Alsace & Lorraine (PDF Chapter)
Alsace & Lorraine are the land of living fairy tales, where vineyards fade into watercolour distance, hilltop castles send spirits soaring higher than the region’s emblematic storks and half-timbered villages garlanded with geraniums look fresh-minted for a Disney film set.
- saunter around canal-laced Petite Venise as Colmar starts to twinkle
- get a gargoyle’s-eye view of Strasbourg from the platform of Gothic Cathédrale Notre-Dame
- survey the cross-studded lawn in the early-morning silence at the Verdun Battlefields
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Best Places to Sleep, Alsace, Strasbourg, Route des Vins d’Alsace, Colmar, Massif des Vosges, Mulhouse, Lorraine, Nancy, Baccarat, Metz, Verdun, Verdun Battlefields, American Memorials, When to Go.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.