Florida & the South's Best Trips - The Carolinas Trips (PDF Chapter)
Sparkling beaches, rugged mountains and have-another-biscuit hospitality. Yep, the Carolinas share more than just a name and a border. For a drive on the wild side, North Carolina is the place to start.
- explore the craggy, misty depths of the Appalachians on the Blue Ridge Parkway
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- hop around North Carolina’s Outer Banks, wave-pounded barrier islands beloved by pirates, mustangs and the Wright Brothers
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- raft over rapids, scan for wildlife and drive two fantastic nature loops in the Great Smokies
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Valle Crucis, Boone, Blowing Rock, Moses H Cone Memorial Park, Grandfather Mountain, Linville Falls, Mt Mitchell State Park, Folk Art Center, Blue Ridge Parkway Visitor Center, Downtown Asheville, Biltmore Estate, Mt Pisgah Trailhead, Waterrock Knob Visitor Center, Nantahala Outdoor Center, Bryson City, Cherokee, Oconaluftee Visitor Center, Mingus Mill, Clingmans Dome, Newfound Gap Overlook, Mt LeConte, Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail, Gatlinburg, Sugarlands Visitor Center, Cades Cove, Pigeon Forge, Dollywood, Sevierville, Corolla, Kill Devil Hills, Jockey’s Ridge State Park, Fort Raleigh National Historic Site, Bodie Island Lighthouse, Pea Island National Wildlife Refuge, Cape Hatteras Lighthouse, Hatteras Village, Kings Mountain National Military Park, Cowpens National Battlefield, Caesars Head State Park, Table Rock State Park, Duke Energy World of Energy Museum, Hagood Mill Historic Site & Folklore Center, Greenville, Charleston, Drayton Hall, Middleton Place, Walterboro, Beaufort, Marine Corps Recruit Depot, Penn Center, Hunting Island State Park
You are viewing a Trips Regional guideWhat is a Trips Regional guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.