Florida & the South's Best Trips - Georgia & Alabama Trips (PDF Chapter)
Georgia and Alabama are a microcosm of the South, on the one hand home to jet-set cities and urban glitterati, and on the other, a slow lifestyle steeped in tradition and history.
- explore Savannah, Georgia’s most elegant city, then discover its islands and beaches too
- pick the right route with inspirational images and key trip highlights
- leave your city woes behind, and rejoice in the pine-dappled countryside on Georgia and Alabama back roads
- get around easily with colour maps and route directions in easy stages
- savour the smoky, spicy sweetness of Georgia’s pit-roasted whole hog BBQ
- discover even more with walking tours, detours and ways to link your trips
Coverage includes: Savannah, Sunbury Crab Company, Darien, Brunswick, St Simons Island, Little St Simons Island, Sea Island, Jekyll Island, St Marys, Atlanta, Dahlonega, Carters Lake, Alabama Scenic River Trail, Tuscaloosa, Tuskegee, Columbus, Fort Valley, Roswell, Cherry Log, Augusta, Statesboro, Jackson, Marietta, Rosa Park Museum, Dexter Avenue King Memorial Church, Civil Rights Memorial Center, Lowndes County Interpretive Center, Selma, Birmingham, Memphis, Amicalola Falls State Park, Springer Mountain, Mountain Crossings at Walasi-Yi, Dahlonega, Nantahala Outdoor Center, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Gatlinburg, Max Patch Mountain, Hot Springs, Roan Mountain State Park, Carvers Gap, Laurel Fork Gorge & Falls.
You are viewing a Trips Regional guideWhat is a Trips Regional guide?
Want to explore a whole country or large region like California or Europe by car? This is the book for you. Jam-packed with lots of amazing road trips, from two-day escapes to week-long adventures, these guidebooks will ensure you get the most out of every place you drive through.
- Divided into three section: Plan your trip, On the road, Road trip essentials
- Classic Trips – we include the famous drives you simply must do
- Includes unmissable sights and experiences, plus exciting detours
- Recommendations on where to eat and sleep
- Includes a pull-out, full colour map
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.
Florida & the South's Best Trips - Mississippi, Louisiana & Arkansas Trips (PDF Chapter)