Florida & the South's Best Trips
Discover the freedom of the open road with Florida & the South’s Best Trips. We’ve selected 28 amazing road trips through Florida, The Carolinas, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Arkansas, from two-day escapes to ten day adventures, and packed them full of expert advice and inspirational suggestions.
Whether exploring your own backyard or somewhere new, discover the freedom of the open road with Lonely Planet’s Florida & the South’s Best Trips. Featuring 30 amazing road trips, from 2-day escapes to 2-week adventures, you can trace the iconic Appalachian Trail or explore the roots of the Blues Highway, all with your trusted travel companion. Jump in the car, turn up the tunes, and hit the road!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Florida & the South’s Best Trips:
- Lavish color and gorgeous photography throughout
- Itineraries and planning advice to pick the right tailored routes for your needs and interests
- Get around easily - 42 easy-to-read, full-color route maps, detailed directions
- Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road - local driving rules, parking, toll roads
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Useful features - including Stretch Your Legs, Detours, Link Your Trip
Coverage Includes: Florida, the Carolinas, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, Tennessee, Kentucky and more