Florida - The Panhandle (PDF Chapter)
The Panhandle – that spit of land embedded in the left shoulder of the Florida peninsula – is all powdered white-sand and teal- to jade-green waters. This is a coast of primal, wind-blown beauty.
- gaze at the gulf waters, home to the country’s most beautiful beaches, in Grayton Beach State Park
- embrace your inner romantic in Apalachicola, the gulf’s most charming town
- marvel at the Blue Angels’ death-defying maneuvers and then getg hands-on with the amazing exhibits at National Naval Aviation Museum
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Gulf Coast, Pensacola, Pensacola Beach, Perdido Key, Fort Walton Beach, Destin, South Walton & 30A Beaches, Panama City Beach, Cape San Blas & Port St Joe, Apalachicola, St George Island, Big Bend, Tallahassee, Steinhatchee, Cedar Key, Apalachicola National Forest, Quincy.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.