Florida - The Everglades (PDF Chapter)
There is no wilderness in America quite like the Everglades. It’s not just a wetland, or swamp, or lake, or river, or prairie, or grassland – it’s all of the above, twisted together into a series of soft horizons, long vistas and sunsets.
- spot alligators by day or night, and watch nesting water birds, on the Anhinga Trail
- hire a canoe or kayak from Flamingo marina and paddle through scenic mangrove-lined waterways
- watch the sun set over the ingress road from the roof of your car at Pa-hay-okee overlook
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Everglades National Park, Tamiami Trail, Southern Everglades, Biscayne National Park.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation