Florida - Orlando & Walt Disney World (PDF Chapter)
Central Florida’s theme parks are the reason most people visit. But at the region’s core is a city: pretty, leafy downtown Orlando, whose great field-to-fork eating scene and world-class mu-seums get overlooked by the hype, sparkle and colors of the theme parks.
- get your adrenaline to sky-high levels on the hair-raising rides at Universal Orlando Re-sort
- wander Hogsmeade’s streets, fly through Hogwarts and pass through Platform 9¾ at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando Resort
- paddle quietly past alligators and blue herons on the Wekiva River at Wekiwa Springs State Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Orlando, Winter Park, Winter Haven, Walt Disney World®, Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Typhoon Lagoon & Bliz-zard Beach, Disney’s BoardWalk, Disney Springs, Universal Orlando Resort.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation