Florida - Northeast Florida (PDF Chapter)
The northeast corner of Florida is a jumble of farmland, forests and pasture, urban sprawl and college towns, built-up beaches and bucolic sea islands. You’ll find spots like sprawling Jack-sonville, scenic Amelia Island, raucous Gainesville, and historic St Augustine.
- kayak into the waterways that surround pretty Amelia Island
- explore Spanish-colonial architecture, fascinating museums and centuries of history in St Augustine, America’s oldest city
- discover more culture and quirkiness than you may expect in Jacksonville, Florida’s big-gest city
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Atlantic Coast, Daytona Beach, Flagler Beach, St Augustine, Jacksonville, Jacksonville Area Beaches, Amelia Island, Palatka, Talbot Island & Fort George Island, North Central Florida, Cassadaga, DeLand, Ocala, Ocala National Forest, Gaines-ville, High Springs, Barberville.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation