*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - discount taken at checkout. See terms.
Florence & Tuscany - Understand Florence & Tuscany and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
All the info you need on everything from history, film, art and architecture to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and les-bian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on the best food and drink
- info on the film and literature set in and inspired by Tuscany
- full coverage of the Etruscans, the Medicis, Galileo and all the region’s history
- details on Leonardo da Vinci, Filippo Brunelleschi, Giorgio Vasari, and the other artists who shaped the region
This chapter contains the Florence & Tuscany Today, History, The Tuscan Way of Life, The Tuscan Table, Tuscany on Page & Screen, Art & Architecture, Directory A–Z, Transport, and Language chapters from Lonely Planet’s Florence & Tuscany guidebook.
Coverage includes: Florence & Tuscany Today, History, The Tuscan Way of Life, The Tuscan Table, Tuscany on Page & Screen, Art & Architecture, Directory A–Z, Transport and Language.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.