Florence & Tuscany - Northwestern Tuscany (PDF Chapter)
There’s far more to this green corner of Tuscany than the iconic Leaning Tower. This is the place to take your foot off the accelerator and go slowly – on foot or by bicycle or car.
- pedal and picnic on delicious local treats atop Lucca’s Renaissance city walls
- meander through medieval Pisa and scale its iconic leaning tower at sunset
- hunt white truffles with a dog in autumnal woods near outrageously foodie San Miniato
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Pisa, Lucca, Pistoia, San Miniato, The Apuane Alps, Garfagnana, Castelnuovo di Garfagnana, Barga, Bagni di Lucca, Carrara, The Versilian Coast, Pietrasanta, Viareggio, The Lunigiana, Pontremoli.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.