Florence & Tuscany - Undertstand Florence & Tuscany and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the History, The Tuscan Way of Life, The Tuscan Table, Tuscany on Page & Screen, Art & Architecture, Directory A–Z, Transport, and Language chapters from Lonely Planet’s Florence & Tuscany guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, art and food to flights, public transport, cli-mate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on plagues, plotting and patronage – Tuscany’s wild history
- info on Tuscany’s seasonally driven, flavour charged food
- full coverage of the region’s Gothic glories, Renaissance masterpieces and unmatched ar-tistic heritage
- details on the Tuscan way of life – family, fashion and tradition
Coverage includes: History, The Tuscan Way of Life, The Tuscan Table, Tuscany on Page & Screen, Art & Architecture, Directory A–Z, Transport, and Language.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation