Florence & Tuscany - Siena & Central Tuscany (PDF Chapter)
This is the Siena & Central Tuscany chapter from Lonely Planet’s Florence & Tusca-ny guidebook.
The real gems of this region – apart from silver olive groves, sun-kissed vineyards and ave-nues of cypress trees – are the historic towns and cities, most of which are medieval and Re-naissance time capsules magically transported to the modern day.
- gorge on Gothic architecture, sublime art and sweet almond biscuits in Siena
- eat, drink and sleep in style while exploring Chianti, one of the most famous wine regions in the world
- wander the streets of magically preserved medieval San Gimignano
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Siena, Chianti, Greve in Chianti, Badia a Passignano, San Casciano in Val di Pesa, Castellina in Chianti, Radda in Chianti, Gaiole in Chianti, San Gimignano, Monteriggioni, Volterra, Val d’Orcia, Montalcino, Pienza, Montepulciano, Chiusi.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation