Florence & Tuscany - Northwestern Tuscany (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northwestern Tuscany chapter from Lonely Planet’s Florence & Tusca-ny guidebook.
There’s far more to this green corner of Tuscany than Italy’s iconic Leaning Tower. Usually hurtled through en route to Florence and Siena’s grand-slam queue-for-hours sights, this is the place to take your foot off the accelerator and go slowly.
- pedal and picnic on delicious local treats atop handsome Lucca’s Renaissance city walls
- meander through medieval Pisa and scale its iconic Leaning Tower at sunset
- hunt white truffles with a dog in autumnal woods near outrageously foodie San Minia-to
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Pisa, Lucca, Pistoia, San Miniato, Apuane Alps & Garfagnana, Castelnuovo di Garfagnana, Barga, Bagni di Lucca, Carrara, Versilian Coast, Pie-trasanta, Viareggio, Lunigiana, Pontremoli.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.