Florence & Tuscany - Florence (PDF Chapter)
This is the Florence chapter from Lonely Planet’s Florence & Tuscany guide-book.
Stand on a bridge over the Arno river several times in a day and the light, mood and view changes every time. Surprisingly small as it is, this riverside city looms large on the world’s ‘must-see’ list.
- admire the world’s finest collection of Renaissance paintings in the world-class Galleria degli Uffizi
- climb inside Brunelleschi’s spectacular dome, superstar of the city skyline and crowning glory of Florence’s Duomo
- contemplate the artistic genius of Fra’ Angelico with Renaissance frescoes inside unsung Museo di San Marco
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Neighbourhoods at a Glance.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.