Florence & Tuscany - Eastern Tuscnay (PDF Chapter)
This is the Eastern Tuscany chapter from Lonely Planet’s Florence & Tuscany guidebook.
The eastern edge of Tuscany is beloved by both Italian and international film directors, who have immortalised its landscape, hilltop towns and oft-quirky characters in several critically ac-claimed and visually splendid films.
- marvel at the frescoes in Arezzo’s Capella Bacci and visit the famed antiques fair held in magnificent Piazza Grande
- admire the work of Renaissance painter Piero della Francesca at the Museo Civico in Sansepolcro
- view the rich collections of the diocesan and archeological museums in spectacularly sited Cortona
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Arezzo, Sansepolcro, Casentino Valley, Poppi, Parco Nazionale delle Foreste Casentinesi, Val di Chiana, Cortona.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.