Finland - West Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the West Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Finland guidebook.
Stretching for 500km, Finland’s west coast harbours a cache of historic wooden towns such as Jakobstad, Kokkola and Unesco-protected Rauma, founded at the height of the Swedish em-pire. But the coastline itself is the biggest attraction.
- cycle around the idyllic landscape and seascape of Velhoveden kierros near Uusikaupun-ki
- wander the narrow streets and admiring the colourful wooden houses in the Unesco-protected Old Town of Rauma
- check off your bird list while following the boardwalks through the Bothnian Sea National Park on the Yyteri nature trails
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Uusikaupunki, Rauma, Pori & Around, Kristinestad, Närpes, Seinäjoki, Vaasa & Around, Jakobstad & Around, Kokkola, Kalajoki.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.