Finland - Understand Finland and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Finland Today, History, The Sámi, Finnish Lifestyle & Culture, Finnish Design, The Arts, Food & Drink, Directory A-Z, Transport and Language chapters from Lonely Planet’s Finland guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, Finnish design, arts and cuisine to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on Finland’s design scene
- info on the culture of the indigenous Sámi people
- full coverage of Finnish cuisine
- details on proper sauna etiquette
Coverage includes: Finland Today, History, The Sámi, Finnish Lifestyle & Culture, Finnish Design, The Arts, Food & Drink, Directory A-Z, Transport and Language.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation