*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Finland - Turku & the South Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the Turku & the South Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Finland guide-book.
Anchoring the country’s southwest is Finland’s former capital, Turku. This striking seafaring city stretches along a broad river from the Gothic cathedral to a medieval castle and vibrant har-bour, and challenges Helsinki’s cultural cred with excellent galleries, museums, restaurants and rocking music festivals that electrify the summer air.
- unearthing Turku’s medieval history along the underground streets of Aboa Vetus and inside its mighty 13th-century castle
- cruising from Russian villa-crowned Hanko to see seals, rock carvings or visit a lighthouse island
- strolling the cobbled lanes of Porvoo’s Old Town
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Turku, Naantali, Turku Archipelago, Pargas, Nagu, Korpo, Houtskär & Iniö, Kustavi, Kimito Island & Archipelago National Park, South Coast, West of Helsinki, Hanko, Ekenäs, Fiskars, Lohja & around, East of Helsinki, Porvoo, Loviisa, Ruotsinpy-htää & around, Kotka & around and Hamina.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.