*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - discount taken at checkout. See terms.
Finland - Turku & the South Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the Turku & the South Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Finland guide-book.
Anchoring the country’s southwest is Finland’s former capital, Turku. This striking seafaring city stretches along a broad river from the Gothic cathedral to a medieval castle and vibrant har-bour, and challenges Helsinki’s cultural cred with excellent galleries, museums, restaurants and rocking music festivals that electrify the summer air.
- unearthing Turku’s medieval history along the underground streets of Aboa Vetus and inside its mighty 13th-century castle
- cruising from Russian villa-crowned Hanko to see seals, rock carvings or visit a lighthouse island
- strolling the cobbled lanes of Porvoo’s Old Town
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Turku, Naantali, Turku Archipelago, Pargas, Nagu, Korpo, Houtskär & Iniö, Kustavi, Kimito Island & Archipelago National Park, South Coast, West of Helsinki, Hanko, Ekenäs, Fiskars, Lohja & around, East of Helsinki, Porvoo, Loviisa, Ruotsinpy-htää & around, Kotka & around and Hamina.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.