Finland - Turku & the South Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the Turku & the South Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Finland guide-book.
Anchoring the southwest is Finland’s former capital, Turku. This striking seafaring city stretches along the broad Aurajoki from its Gothic cathedral to its medieval castle and vibrant harbour, and boasts cutting-edge galleries, museums and restaurants, and music festivals that electrify the summer air.
- unearth Turku’s medieval history at Aboa Vetus
- stroll cobbled lanes lining the picturesque Old Town of Vanha Porvoo
- climb to the top of Finland’s tallest lighthouse, Bengtskär Lighthouse
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Turku, Naantali, Turku Archipelago, Pargas, Nagu, Korpo, Houtskär, Iniö, Kustavi, The South Coast: West of Helsinki, Kimito Island & Archipelago National Park, Hanko, Raseborg, Fiskars, Lohja, The South Coast: East of Helsinki, Porvoo, Lov-iisa, Kotka, Hamina.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.