*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Finland - The Lakeland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Lakeland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Finland guidebook.
Most of Finland could be dubbed lakeland, but around here it seems there’s more water than terra firma. And what water: sublime, sparkling and clean. Reflecting sky and forests as clearly as a mirror, it leaves an indelible impression.
- sweating it out in Kuopio’s sociable smoke sauna
- relaxing by one of the region’s thousands of lakes, including the largest, Lake Saimaa
- cruising the Lakeland en route to the Orthodox monastery at Valamo
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Savonlinna, Punkaharju, Seal Lakes, Linnansaari Na-tional Park, Kolovesi National Park, Sulkava, Mikkeli, Valamo, Jyväskylä & around and Kuo-pio.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.