Ends Monday June 25. Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Finland - The Lakeland (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Lakeland chapter from Lonely Planet’s Finland guidebook.
Most of Finland could be dubbed lakeland, but around here it seems there’s more aqua than terra firma. Reflecting the sky and forests as clearly as a mirror, the sparkling, clean water leaves an indelible impression.
- attend an opera staged under the stars in the courtyard of a magnificent medieval castle at Savonlinna Opera Festival
- seek a glimpse of the rare Saimaa ringed seal while paddling around the Seal Lakes within the Linnansaari and Kolovesi national parks
- join international architecture buffs on an Alvar Aalto pilgrimage in and around Jyväsky-lä
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Savonlinna, Punkaharju, The Seal Lakes, Sulkava, Mikkeli, New Valamo, Jyväskylä & Around, Kuopio.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.