*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Finland - Tampere & Hame (PDF Chapter)
This is the Tampere & Häme chapter from Lonely Planet’s Finland guidebook.
Modern cities and traditional settlements exist side by side in this historic region, where you can explore Finland’s rural past, its unsettled history and its industrial heritage. Every town in the region sits on a magical stretch of water; one of Finland’s essential summer experiences is enjoy-ing the slow pace of a day-long lake cruise between towns.
- cruising the Poet’s Way from Tampere to Virrat
- browsing top-quality Finnish art in Mänttä’s Gösta gallery
- admiring the work of Finland’s greatest sculptor, Emil Wickström, at peaceful Visavuori
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Tampere, Route 66, Kallenaution Kievari, Siikaneva, Ruovesi, Helvetinjärvi National Park, Virrat, Keuruu, Mänttä, Tampere to Hämeenlinna, Visavuori, Iittala, Hattula & Parola, Häme, Hämeenlinna and Lahti & around.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.