*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Finland - Karelia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Karelia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Finland guidebook.
If you’re looking for wilderness, powerful history and even the Finnish soul, your search starts here. Densely forested and gloriously remote, the region is a paradise for nature lovers. Opportu-nities to get active abound, with hiking routes, whitewater rapids, and lakes offering idyllic kayaking and boating.
- swooshing down the ski slopes or swooping above the tree line aboard the summer chairlift at Koli National Park
- shooting Ruunaa’s rapids on a rubber raft
- cruising from Lappeenranta to the Karelian town of Vyborg on a ‘visa-free’ trip to Russia
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: South Karelia, Lappeenranta, Imatra, North Karelia, Joensuu, Ilomantsi, Hattuvaara, Lake Pielinen Region, Koli National Park, Paalasmaa, Vuonislahti, Lieksa, Patvinsuo National Park, Ruunaa Recreation Area, Nurmijärvi District and Nurmes.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.