*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Finland - Helsinki (PDF Chapter)
This is the Helsinki chapter from Lonely Planet’s Finland guidebook.
Though Helsinki can seem a younger sibling to other Scandinavian capitals, it’s the one that went to art school, scorns pop music and works in a cutting-edge studio. Nevertheless, much of what is lovable in Helsinki is older: its understated yet glorious old buildings are all part of the city’s quirky charm.
- descending into the weekend maelstrom of Helsinki’s excellent variety of pubs and bars
- exploring the fortress island of Suomenlinna that guarded Helsinki harbour
- browsing the design district of Punavuori
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Around Helsinki, Espoo and Tu-usulan Rantatie.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.