*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Finland - Helsinki (PDF Chapter)
This is the Helsinki chapter from Lonely Planet’s Finland guidebook.
Though Helsinki can seem a younger sibling to other Scandinavian capitals, it’s the one that went to art school, scorns pop music and works in a cutting-edge studio. Nevertheless, much of what is lovable in Helsinki is older: its understated yet glorious old buildings are all part of the city’s quirky charm.
- descending into the weekend maelstrom of Helsinki’s excellent variety of pubs and bars
- exploring the fortress island of Suomenlinna that guarded Helsinki harbour
- browsing the design district of Punavuori
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Around Helsinki, Espoo and Tu-usulan Rantatie.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.