*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Finland - Aland Archipelago (PDF Chapter)
This is the Åland Archipelago chapter from Lonely Planet’s Finland guide-book.
Åland is the sunniest spot in northern Europe and its sweeping white-sand beaches and flat, scenic cycling routes attract crowds of holidaymakers during summer. Yet outside the lively capital, Mariehamn, a sleepy haze hangs over the islands’ tiny villages and finding your own remote beach among the 6500 skerries and islets is surprisingly easy.
- cycling the archipelago’s fantastically flat, well-marked routes alongside green fields, red granite and sparkling seascapes
- running the ramparts of the cannonball-scarred ruins at Bomarsund
- climbing aboard the four-masted barque Pommern outside Mariehamn’s state-of-the-art maritime museum
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Mariehamn, Mainland Åland & around, Jomala, Fin-ström, Sund, Vårdö, Saltvik, Geta, Hammarland, Eckerö, Lemland and Lumparland.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.