*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Finland - Aland Archipelago (PDF Chapter)
This is the Åland Archipelago chapter from Lonely Planet’s Finland guide-book.
Åland is the sunniest spot in northern Europe and its sweeping white-sand beaches and flat, scenic cycling routes attract crowds of holidaymakers during summer. Yet outside the lively capi-tal, Mariehamn, a sleepy haze hangs over the islands’ tiny villages.
- cycle the archipelago’s flat, well-marked routes alongside green fields, red granite and sparkling seascapes
- run the ramparts of the cannonball-scarred ruins of Bomarsund Fortress, then cool off with a beach dip
- hike the trails, climb the rocks or just enjoy a meal while overlooking postcard-worthy Käringsund Harbour in Eckerö
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Fasta Åland, Mariehamn, Jomala, Hammarland, Eck-erö, Geta, Saltvik, Sund, Vårdö, Finström, Lemland, Lumparland, Northern Archipelago, Southern Archipelago.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.