Fiji - Vanua Levu & Taveuni (PDF Chapter)
This is the Vanua Levu & Taveuni chapter from Lonely Planet’s Fiji guidebook.
With welcoming settlements, year-round warmth and genuine local hospitality, it’s not for nothing that Vanua Levu and Taveuni are billed as Fiji’s ‘friendly north’. The country’s second- and third-biggest islands, respectively, are clean, green havens.
- make bubbles around the pristine Namena Marine Reserve
- explore the lush beauty of the Lavena Coastal Walk
- dive the soft-coral wonderland of the Rainbow Reef
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Vanua Levu, Savusavu & around, Namenalala, Kioa, Rabi, Labasa & around, Nabouwalu & around, Wainunu Bay, Taveuni, Waiyevo, Somosomo & around, Southern Taveuni, Matei, Eastern Taveuni and Offshore Islands.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.