Fiji - Ovalau & the Lomaiviti Group (PDF Chapter)
This is the Ovalau & the Lomaiviti Group chapter from Lonely Planet’s Fiji guidebook.
Some of the Lomaiviti Group's tiny coral islands have sandy beaches, good snorkelling and simple budget resorts, while on others you’ll find fantastic diving and a luxury resort. Hawksbill turtles visit to lay their eggs, and humpback whales pass annually.
- enjoy the rickety colonial architecture of colourful Levuka and easily imagine its rowdy outpost atmosphere of times past
- spot Napoleon wrasses, banded sea snakes, phenomenally big schools of fish and psychedelic gardens of soft corals while snorkelling Snake Island
- hike through river jungles to the proud and remote village of Lovoni with Epi’s Tours
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Ovalau, Levuka, Lovoni, Rukuruku, Arovudi & Silana, Naigani, Yanuca Lailai, Moturiki, Caqalai, Leleuvia, Wakaya and Koro.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation